Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Joe Cole: It was a bad penalty

The mighty Reds managed to walk away with a 1-0 win at Anfield in the Europea League qualifier against the Turkish side courtesy of a Ryan Babel goal.
Roy Hodgson's men could have doubled the lead in the second-half but Cole stepped up to the spot, only to see his weak effort saved by the goalkeeper.
After the game, Cole told ITV Sport, "It was a bed penalty, I hold my hands up. It was predetermined [the penalty], but you can't dwell on them things. We won the game 1-0 and we take positives from that."
The England star who has had a terrible week having received a straight red card in his Premier League debut against Arsenal at the weekend is refusing to dwell on the past, claiming that his assist that set Babel up for the goal is a stepping stone to better things ahead.
He added:"[I'm] finding my feet in there, its my job to do that and make goals and it was nice to do that for Ryan and I'm enjoying my start here,
"I'll try and do my best every game. I'm enjoying my football, getting fitter and getting stronger every game."
Liverpool will now shift their focus back to the domestic side of things with a trip to the Eastlands to take on Manchester City on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment