Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hamilton vows to hit back

The McLaren driver lost the lead in Hungary last time when Mark Webber clinched the victory while Hamilton retired from the race.
Only four points separate the two drivers and but Hamilton feels McLaren need to up their pace out after falling behind the Red Bulls and Ferraris in recent weeks
"Although it's been great for the whole team to have had the factory shutdown and a well-deserved holiday, I think we're all really looking forward to getting back into the title fight," he told the official McLaren website.
"The break gave us some valuable thinking time to consider how to improve our car for the remainder of the season - and we head into these two races not only optimistic of some better results, but also of stronger pace for the rest of the year.
"Neither Jenson or I had a great race at Spa last year - I didn't see much of it from the cockpit, but I think Jenson was pushed into a spin from behind at Les Combes and the resulting accident took me out too. So it was weird to watch the whole race back in the garage.
"For this year, too, I head to Spa off the back of a disappointing non-finish in Hungary. We've investigated the causes, and think we've identified the reason and are confident that it shouldn't happen again.
"Personally, I think Spa is one of the 'great' Formula 1 tracks, and one I'd really love to win. I'll be going flat-out to try and get us back into the hunt again in Belgium, and it would be fantastic if we could take home another win at the end of the weekend."

No comments:

Post a Comment